Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gobble Gobble!


We went to Iowa for my first Thanksgiving! I am a pro at flying now… We got there on Thanksgiving day and got to eat with Nonna and Gramps. Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberries, pumpkin pie, pecan pie… The list goes on and on. I loved it all! After eating and a BIG nap, we went to Aunt Cathy’s where I got spoiled with presents and attention! I got to see Granny Opal and play with the big kids. And I FINALLY got to meet Nels, my God-Father!


The next day, we went to Aunt Ginger’s where I got spoiled with more attention and got to eat another Thanksgiving dinner! Momma and Daddy went out with friends that night, so I got to stay up late with Nonna and Gramps. The rest of the weekend was spent seeing more friends and family.

Also, the marching band that my Daddy was in when he was in High School got to march in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, so we were sure to watch that. I showed support with an ACHS Band Tshirt!

I really like Thanksgiving. Food, family, friends and fun! Momma said we will go to Iowa one year and Kentucky the next. I am already looking forward to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment