Friday, August 14, 2009

KY Trip Day 1

Well, we flew into Nashville. This was nothing. I'm an old pro at flying! We met Annie and got settled into a hotel room. I had a hard time sleeping, since I wasn't in MY bed. But I got through it ok. When we woke up, we had breakfast and then took off. We went to the Ryman Auditorium. This is where the Grand Ole Opry used to be. We took the backstage tour. That was cool, seeing all of the dressing rooms and artifacts of old country stars. We even got to stand on the stage! Next, we drove around and saw a few cool things - like the Parthenon - in NASHVILLE! And we checked out the CMT building for Nonna. We also saw Venderbilt University. It was pretty! Then we went and ate at the Loveless Cafe. Well, I slept and mom, dad & Annie ate. They kept saying they were SO FULL. Finally we started to head towards Kentucky. I slept most of the way. We stopped in Bowling Green to see Corvettes, but they were already closed. Then, we got to Nana's house! Woohoo!! After dropping off our stuff, we went to Papas house. It was great finally meeting him and Uncle Michael. They are funny guys! I was so tired though so I was a little cranky. We hung out for a while and then went back to Nana's to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment